Here are a few of my favorite things Jimmy said before and after this performance:
- “…their iconic song ‘Raining Blood'”
- “THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT!”
- “Music guest Slayer!”
- “Thank you SO much”
Which also begs the question, what were my favorite things that he probably said to Jill Kargman during the performance:
- Man this is a long intro.
- Is this song instrumental?
- When do the vocals come in?
- That’s not Dave Lombardo.
- THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT!
Which further begs the question, what were my favorite things that Fallon’s younger-skewing audience said to their parents as they watched this:
- Mommy, what’s this music?
- Mommy, who are those old guys?
- Mommy, Jimmy doesn’t really like this, right?
- Mommy, can we watch James Corden?
In a year in which Taylor Swift is being carried out of her apartment in a suitcase, this may be the story to beat.