Welcome to Headbanger’s Kitchen! Every week we’ll be bringing you an episode of the show where Sahil “Demonstealer” Makhija cooks a spectacular meal for a metal band. Recipe and instructions for preparation are always included so you can make it at home. Hope you’re hungry!
On Episode 5 I had one of the most aggressive and brutal bands form the Indian scene (not to mention also probably the fittest) called Undying Inc as my guests. So I set out to create a monstrous meal for them, and that is when the Meatzza came to me. It was a pizza without any bread, the base was made from ground meat. Truly fitting for the band and a meat lovers delight. Needless to say it was devoured in record time by the band.
Watch the episode here:
Undying Meatzza with Garlic Bread
- Fresh Tomatoes (Without skin)
- Tomato Puree
- Olive Oil
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan and saute the garlic and onions till golden brown
- Add in freshly chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano and whole basil leaves.
- Transfer to food processor and blend to a fine paste
- Return the blended mixture to the saucepan and add tomato puree
- Taste for seasoning.
- Beef Mince
- Garlic Salt
- Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni (or any pizza topping)
- Season the beef with garlic salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary and mix
- Shape the meat into a circular pizza base shape in your baking tray
- Top the base with pizza sauce and spread over.
- Layer with pepperoni or any topping of your choice.
- Cover generously with cheese
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till done.
- Remove and serve
- Add chopped garlic and parsley to the butter.
- Season with Oregano and Pepper and a dash on olive oil
- Mix well till all the flavours are incorporated into the butter
- Apply on bread and bake in the oven or cook on a frying pan till golden brown
- Serve with the Undying Meatzza