Audio recording hardware and software manufacturer Universal Audio are getting into the pedal game with their first-ever line of pedals. Universal Audio has announced the Astra Modulation Machine modulator, Starlight Echo Station delay pedal, and Golden Reverberator reverb pedal.
All three pedals include built-in Live/Preset modes with silent switching, true/buffered bypass, analog dry-through, stereo/dual mono operation, true bypass with silent switching, and add-on downloadable effects. To drill down on the pedals a little further:
- Impeccably modeled classic 1970s Japanese bucket-brigade chorus/vibrato effects
- Authentic studio flanger/doubler effects from vintage analog rack unit
- Classic, inspiring tube amp tremolo with sine and square modes
- Stunning emulation of iconic tape echo units, with New, Medium, and Old tape types
- Legendary bucket-brigade analog delay effects with the color, texture, and haze of the original hardware
- Pristine studio digital delays with flexible and inspiring modulation
- Three distinct tube‑driven spring reverb tanks, painstakingly selected from 1960s American guitar amps
- Vintage German studio plate reverbs, modeled from the iconic Record Plant studio
- Exact bit‑for‑bit late‑1970’s digital reverb algorithms from classic studio hardware
All three pedals are set to premiere this Spring and will go for an estimated $399 each.