Toontrack have just unveiled yet ANOTHER amazing MIDI drum pack for 2020: 21st Century Metal MIDI! The signature pack of Revocation drummer Ash Pearson, the grooves are highly-influenced by his special blend of thrash, jazz, and progressive metal stylings. And if you’re a fan of Revocation like us, you know just how insane Ash’s parts can get, so this might just be the perfect addition to your extreme metal songwriting process!
“In today’s fragmented world of metal, the lines between genres have blurred to a point where often several styles seamlessly meld into one. Any random track can feature anything from a regular four-on-the-floor or a subtle fusion- and jazz-inspired groove to the most relentless d-beats, blasts and grind variations, without the average listener even blinking twice. In this MIDI pack, drummer powerhouse Ash Pearson (Revocation, 3 Inches of Blood) dives headfirst into not only his own impressive discography but also the past two decades of metal music, bands and personal inspirations, to unravel the art of metal drums in the new millennium.
Meant to serve as a broad-stroke collection of inspirational grooves for any walk of metal, this library of MIDI is one where sturdy simplicity collides dead on with technicality, prowess and extreme aggression. In short, Ash delivers one of the most varied drum MIDI packs for metal yet.“
The pack features:
- Drum grooves and fills primarily inspired by metal of the past two decades
- Suitable for anything from heavy metal to technical death, thrash, and progressive metal
- Performed by Ash Pearson (Revocation, Zimmers Hole, 3 Inches of Blood)
- More than 400 individually played files
- 4/4, 5/4, 6/8, 7/4, 7/8, and 12/8 in straight and/or swing feel with tempos ranging from 90 BPM to 225 BPM
- Song structure categorization (intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, fills)
Get it here.