You may remember earlier this year when Toontrack announced the upcoming release of their EZbass plugin, their first MIDI bass sampler. Well, we come bearing good tidings, as the company has issued an update on the progress of the highly-anticipated EZbass release, which is set to hit the market in 2020.
Erik Phersson, Toontrack’s Head of Software Development, had this to say:
“This is shaping up to be a product that really adapts the same ‘EZ’ philosophy as the other products in the line. It’s the perfect complement to EZdrummer 2, EZkeys and EZmix 2.”
- Revolutionary new bass software instrument
- Combining the use of MIDI and smart songwriting features
- Building on the framework of Toontrack’s widely successful EZ Line products, such as EZdrummer 2
- A sample engine optimized for use with bass samples, offering a new level of nuance and detail
- Presets for a wide range of styles, based on amp and cab simulation as well as on the same complex network of effects used in all EZ Line products
In addition to carefully sampled bass tones, it will include MIDI as well as a host of features to aid the user in quickly and effortlessly adding bass to their songs.
Toontrack is currently celebrating its 20-year anniversary as a company. It all started in 1999 with the then-groundbreaking release of Drumkit From Hell, the world’s first multi-sampled drum library featuring individual microphone bleed. It revolutionized the market and from there, Toontrack has continuously grown to now being one of the premier software and sound library developers in the industry.
More info on EZbass will be available in 2020 — here’s to your new bass player!