Playing on electronic drums is, well, it’s kind of like wearing a condom. You use them because you have to, because otherwise you’ll be in a whole mess of trouble, but it’s just not the same, is it? Well here are Alesis, here to offer you a more realistic hi-hat sensation, for your pleasure.
Enter the Pro X hi-hat. Look at those moving pads. Don’t you just want to throw some peanut butter and jelly in there and smash them together? Or hit them with sticks, I guess, if you’re a weirdo?
“Pro X Hi-Hat gives electronic drummers the authentic hi-hat experience they have been missing,” says Product Manager Craig Reeves. “We are proud to be first to market in offering this breakthrough technology to our DM10 and DM8 drummers at a breakthrough price.”
Here’s the feature rundown:
- 12” single-zone top and bottom cymbals
- Natural hi-hat playability and feel
- Create open, half-open, closed, “chick,” and splash sounds
- Compatible with standard hi-hat stands
- Includes top cymbal, bottom cymbal, clutch, cables, and position sensor
- Integrates seamlessly with Alesis DM10, DM8 and DM Dock
If you’re looking to get your sticks onto the Pro-X it’ll run you 99 clams. Clams that move realistically open and closed when you step on a pedal…