Welcome to Headbanger’s Kitchen! Every week we’ll be bringing you an episode of the show where Sahil “Demonstealer” Makhija cooks a spectacular meal for a metal band. Recipe and instructions for preparation are always included so you can make it at home. Hope you’re hungry!
On the first day there was beef, on the 2nd there was pork and finally by day three there was clamoring for a chicken recipe. So I decided to create ‘The One Winged Chicken Piccata’ because my guests were the band Scribe, a hardcore band from Mumbai city. The name was born from their song ‘One Winged Pencil’. The interview was one of the most hilarious we’ve ever had, and while both Akshay and Vishwesh who were my guests are extremely witty blokes, I do suspect that showing up 4 hours early and spending some time alone locked in my room gave them time to gather their thoughts. Needless to say this is one of the most loved episodes and Scribe is one of the most loved bands in Mumbai. It’s a pity that Vishwesh parted ways with them a time ago and the band is fairly inactive now. Anyway, as they say, the show must go on.
One Wing Chicken Piccata & Paneer Piccata
- Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Basil
- All Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- White Wine
- Chicken Stock
- More butter….
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and dried basil. Additionally season with chili powder or paprika if you like it spicy.
- Coat the chicken lightly with the all purpose flour.
- Heat some olive oil and butter in a pan and fry the chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on each side till golden brown.
- Add some more butter to the pan and fry the garlic, onion and capers.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and cook down to half and then add in the chicken stock.
- Cook down to half and turn off the heat.
- Drop in some more butter and stir till sauce thickens.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
Note: To make the Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Piccata just follow the same recipe replacing the chicken with paneer and chicken stock with vegetable stock.
Watch the interview with Akshay & Vishwesh: