It was the Goddess Gagged song ‘Modern Machines’ that created the punny name for my Quiche, which was stuffed with ham and bacon and mushrooms and CHEESEEEE!! Well Goddess Gagged were a hot new proggy metal band on the Mumbai scene at the time. Two of their members later went on to join Skyharbor and then the band sort of broke up. However this year they returned for a reunion tour and seem to be back now. This was a fun and interesting interview and of course the quiche was the shizzz!!!
Watch the episode:
Ingredients for the Pastry Dough
– 200 grams flour
– 100 grams frozen butter
– 70ml cold water
– 15 ml apple cider vinegar (opt)
Ingredients for the filling
– 3 Eggs (2 whole and 1 yolk)
– 200 ml fresh cream
– Italian seasoning
– salt and pepper
- Blitz the flour and frozen butter in a food processor till you get a coarse mixture.
- Add in the water, vinegar and a pinch of salt and blitz again till the dough is almost coming together
- Remove onto a cold marble surface or in a dish and gentle bring it together to form the dough
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30minutes at least before using.
- Mix the eggs, cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together.
- Saute the mushrooms with some butter and add them once they have cooled
- Add in the bacon and ham and mix everything together
- Roll out the quiche pastry and put into baking tray or quiche dish.
- Poke holes in the pastry bottom and cover with baking paper and beans or even a smaller dish
- Bake at 190 C for 15 minutes after which remove the beans and paper and bake for 5minutes more at 170 C
- Pour in the filling into the pastry crust and bake for another 15 minutes till golden brown.