Brutal tech-death outfit NILE have been patiently awaiting the release of their forthcoming album Vile Nilotic Rites, which drops on November 1st via Nuclear Blast! In anticipation for the new album, guitarist Brian Kingsland is here with an exclusive playthrough for their track “The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceased” off of their 2012 album At the Gate of Sethu, on his absolutely sick Carillion custom guitar. Check it!
If we’re certain of anything when it comes to NILE, it’s that the dudes are total masters of their craft. Honing in their extreme technical death metal sound since the early 90’s, the band has become a staple in the world of both classic and modern metalheads alike. And Brian showcases their relentless sound beautifully on his Carillion Kingslayer 6 V, which looks just about as mean as the music sounds.
About Brian’s custom Carillion axe, here are the specs:
- Kingslayer 6 V (prototype).
- Reaver headstock.
- Set neck construction.
- 25.5” scale length.
- Burl Maple top.
- Limba body.
- 9 piece Wenge / Flamed Maple neck.
- Ebony fingerboard, bound in Ebony.
- Burl Maple head veneers (front and back).
- Gotoh SGS510 tuners.
- Jescar Stainless Steel frets.
- GraphTech Black Tusq nut.
- Luminlay side dots.
- Bare Knuckle Pickups Warpig set.
- Hipshot fixed bridge.
- Custom machined Brass string retaining block.
- Dunlop strap locks.
- Polyester lacquered / Dragonsbreath green / black burst.
Be sure to pre-order Vile Nilotic Rites here on Nuclear Blast before it comes out on November 1st, and don’t forget to follow the dudes on Facebook and their website to see what they’re dropping when the album hits.