Ex-Periphery bassist Adam “Nolly” Getgood recently released this bass playthrough of their song “Make Total Destroy” from their album Periphery II: This Time It’s Personal via Scott’s Bass Lessons on YouTube!
Now, not only is this a killer playthrough by an amazing musician with insane production value, but it also comes hand-in-hand with the announcement of the Progressive Metal Bass With Adam ‘Nolly’ Getgood course on the Scott’s Bass Lessons website! The course features over 7 hours of 100% exclusive video content containing detailed lessons, performances, interviews and more. The specifics of the course at a glance include:
- Breakdowns and in-depth studies into “Prayer Position” and “Make Total Destroy”
- Altered tunings for metal bass players
- How to make your bass sound like a midi instrument
- An in-depth look at multiple pick techniques and approaches
- Tapping and slapping for the metal bass player
- Polyrhythmic and syncopated approaches for bass line development
- Periphery’s approach to composition
- Studio and engineering techniques
- How to shape the ultimate metal bass tone
- All things gear… effects pedals, basses, and amps.
After you’ve got your fill of the Nollster (no one calls him that and I am sorry), you can head over to the SBL site and sign up for the free 14-day trial of all his courses have to offer. Can you dig it?