To kick off the new year, our good friends at Toontrack have released the new Kicks & Snares EZX expansion for EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3! The expansion consists of nearly 100 unique kit presets, 74 multi-sampled instruments, and a plethora of different tunings and options to pick from until your heart’s content. Basically, Toontrack has got you covered no matter what style of music you are working on.
The features of the new expansion include:
- 31 multi-sampled, individual kick drum instruments
- 43 multi-sampled, individual snare drum instruments
- A wide range of alternative tunings and configurations, in total around 130 kick and snare voices
- Never-before-released material recorded in eight different top studios in Australia and the UK
- Sampled by three different drummers for maximum variation (Chris Whitten, Adam Falkner, and Simon Ayton)
- Also includes three toms, two crashes, one ride and one set of hi-hats for easy kit construction
- Close to 100 unique mix-ready kit presets covering anything from traditional/organic mixes to those involving elaborate sound design
- The perfect palette of raw material for sound design, custom kit creation and sound replacement
- Tailored for broad use in anything from acoustic/organic to modern pop, hip-hop, ambient and electronic
- Includes a selection of backbeat-oriented MIDI grooves performed by Darby Todd
“Regardless of genre or style, arguably any engineer would agree: the kick and the snare are irrevocably the two biggest focal points of not only the rhythm section but also the entire mix. The Kicks & Snares EZX zooms in on delivering exactly that: kicks and snares. An overwhelming amount of them, we might add – in total 74 multi-sampled and never-before-released instruments recorded in eight different top studios in Australia and the UK. Factoring in the wide range of alternative tunings and recorded configurations, you’ll have around 130 unique kick and snare voices at your disposal. What differentiates this EZX even more from earlier ones is that each kick and snare position has four extra channels featuring individually processed versions: ‘Sub,’ ‘Skin Lo,’ ‘Skin Hi’ and ‘Club/Stick.’ This will enable you to infinitely tweak and find your personal blends for each instrument.”
You can learn more about and get your paws on the new Kicks & Snares EZX expansion over on the Toontrack website.