That title could have gone so many ways, but I think I made the right choice.
Chapman Guitars has been big in the news lately, and by that I mean we reviewed some of their guitars last week. Well, this week is therefore the second biggest week they’ve had this year, because they’ve just announced the MLB-1 bass. It’s a neck-through, which is also a first for Chapman, and I hope it’s a taste of things to come.
- Natural oil finished bubinga body
- Two Chapman ‘Bassbucker’ humbuckers
- Feature 5 piece maple and wenge thru neck construction
- Tusq nut
- Wenge fingerboard
- 8” fretboard radius
- 24 extra jumbo stainless steel frets
- Body matched headstock
- 34” scale length
- ‘A Type’ top loaded bridge
- Coil tap on tone control
- Black nickel hardware
- Weight 10lbs
- Chapman Premium Bass gig bag
The announcement and all info were listed on the Chapman Facebook page, and although it is not yet listed on the official site or of any retailers, the price is rumored to be £599 in the UK, which could be anywhere between $50 and $10,000 American, there’s literally no way of knowing.