New York-based trio Infinity Shred are gearing up for the release of their next album Forever, A Fast Life via 3DOT Recordings on August 23, 2019. To give you a taste of what’s to come, the band recently put out this Spotify stream for the song “Long May You Run”, which you can check out above.
About the track, programmer Damon Hardjowirogo had this to say:
“On my birthday last year, my dad wrote on Facebook, ‘Happy Birthday Damon, Long May You Run,’ and it’s something he had never said to me before in my life. I don’t know where the phrase came from, but we got attached to it. It’s the most energetic and lighthearted song. On the album, you start in a place of naïveté and end up going somewhere darker. We like the contrast of different songs against each other.”
Now featuring drummer Clara Warnaar, Forever, A Fast Life is the first Infinity Shred album to feature the full trio of musicians, and after hearing this first track, we’re stoked to hear the rest of it. The band will also be going on tour with Astronoid this summer, and you can check out the dates for that below.
- June 20 Buffalo, NY Mohawk Place
- June 21 Lakewood, OH The Symposium
- June 22 Chicago, IL Reggies
- June 23 Pontiac, MI The Crofoot
- June 25 Baltimore, MD Metro Gallery
- June 23 Philadelphia, PA The Fillmore Philadelphia
- June 28 Brooklyn, NY Saint Vitus
- June 29 Pawtucket, RI The Met
- June 30 Boston, MA Great Scott
Be sure to follow the band on Facebook and Instagram, and pre-order the new album here.