Hailing all the way from the Emerald Isle lies one of Ireland’s best-kept secrets. Metallic hardcore quartet (hardcoretet?) BAILER have been going strong since 2015, and with the release of their 2018 Self-Titled EP last year, the dudes are continuing to make relentless metal in the new year. That’s why we’ve teamed up with guitarist Chris Harte to premiere this exclusive guitar playthrough of the track “Long Gone”, only right here, on Gear Gods!
With a sludgy intensity similar to bands like Mastodon and Converge, BAILER combine familiar elements to create a sound all their own. And Chris demonstrates that beautifully here with “Long Gone”, as the riff-driven, aggressive track holds you tight and only lets go in its final moments. The mix is punchy as can be, Chris’ playing is wildly energetic, and the tune itself is sonically blistering — what more could you ask for?
About the track, here’s what Chris had to say:
“We shot this new playthrough video for ‘Long Gone’ at our drummer’s house, in our rehearsal room. I’d been looking forward to shooting this for a while, as I’ve upgraded most of my rig in the last year or so. I used to use an Orange OR50 as my main amp, but since getting this old school Peavey 5150, it’s become my number one amp, and it’s an absolute beast! I actually run the gain quite low (around 2 or 3) and boost the amp with an Abominable Electronics Hellmouth. The Zilla Cabs top it all off though, I got my own pair of custom 2×12’s last year thanks to Paul at Zilla. Each cab runs Celestian v30 and creamback 75H speakers, I mic’d the H-creamback in the Super Fatboy for this video. For the lead part, I’m using a Boss RV3 reverb/delay pedal, however, I used an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master on the original recording. This song itself was written in a day, it all happened naturally in the jam room and we all loved the vibes it captured. Make sure to check out our YouTube channel for loads more content and updates!”
As for the gear list, here’s what Chris is rocking:
- Esp Ltd TE401-FM
- D’Addario Strings (.12-.54) – Drop C Tuning
- Dunlop Picks .73mm Tortex
- Emg 81 in the bridge
- Abominable Electronics Hellmouth
- ISP Decimator || G-String
- Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay
- Peavey 5150
- Zilla Super Fatboy with a V30 & H-creamback
- Sennheiser e609 micing the Celestian H-creamback
Lastly, be sure to hit these guys up on one of the upcoming live dates below:
- 23/05 – Brighton, Cowley Club (UK Headline show)
- 24/05 – Hastings, Crowleys (UK Headline show)
- 25/05 – London, The Unicorn, Camden (UK Headline show)
- 20/07 – Knockanstockan Festival IRL.
- 25/09 – Edinburgh, Bannermans (w/ Black Coast)
- 26/09 – Birmingham, Subside (w/ Black Coast)
- 27/09 – Leeds, Key Club (w/ Black Coast)
- 28/09 – Luton, Castlefest UK