Harkening back to the classic ODR-1 Overdrive, the Belle Overdrive hosts a few new features that make it extremely flexible for players from all walks of life. It includes bass, gain, and level controls, as well as a color knob that can boost or cut the high and low end of your tone while leaving the mids alone. This, combined with the bass control knob, allows for a whole host of unique guitar tones that are all promising in their own right. The pedal also includes an added push switch on the side that controls the amount of compression and clipping on your tone, which allows your sound to pack even more punch.
“This pedal can add some serious muscle to your country, some extra grit to your blues, and some soaring boosts to rock – it’s such a flexible drive we know you are going to love stacking it with your favorite pedals as much as playing it straight through a clean amp.”
The specs include:
- High-grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- True bypass
- 9v – 18v power jack (no battery connector inside)
- Power draw: between 11.4mA (9v) and 14.1mA (18v)
- Five controls – Level, Gain, Color, Bass, and Compression Clipping Switch – Disengaged (Out) for more compression, Engaged (In) for a more open sound.
- 1.5″ x 3.5″ x 1.5″ (38.1mm x 88.9mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
- Built in the USA
- Includes Wampler’s limited 5-year warranty
OR – maybe you’re interested in the ODR-1 sound, but would rather have a digital version. In that case, you should instead check out the official Nobels ODR-1 plugin that we reviewed recently from Lancaster Audio.