So you wanna be a Gear Gods intern. Do you have what it takes? Are you willing to go the distance, cheat death, carry the Gear Gods flag to the finish line? More importantly, are you a college student in need of credit?
Gear Gods is looking for interns to both write news/editorials/general content for the site, and also to edit video content in Adobe Premiere. You don’t have to be able to do both of these things – just one or the other. Ideally, you are in school for one of these things, so the experience will be applicable to your degree. You will receive full credit for your contributions and writers’ work will be published on Gear Gods under their own name.
Writers must meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to write coherently, creatively, and quickly in English. WordPress experience helps, although it’s pretty easy to learn.
- Must have a love for (and knowledge of) music gear, metal music, and writing about it
- Must have a fast, reliable internet connection
- Must have a unique perspective and passion
- Must be able to source content for news articles, and always be on the lookout for new and interesting content related to the Gear Gods aesthetic
Video editors must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a working knowledge of and your own copy of Adobe Premiere Pro CC15.
- Must have a fast, reliable high-speed internet connection – video files are huge and you need to be able to download them fast. Or you live in Los Angeles and can pick it up directly from Trey.
- Must have experience editing modern, fast paced content with some portfolio results to show
- Must have a good eye for detail, good comedic timing, and be self-starter & fast worker
- Must familiarize yourself with the Gear Gods video style and be able to emulate it
If you think you meet the criteria for either or both of these, and you can seriously commit to the time to the job, then please send a resume, portfolio, writing samples, and an introduction to yourself to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a fun, fast-paced work environment in the rapidly-growing and challenging market of internet media. Between our 50,000 YouTube subscribers, 45,000 Facebook followers, and 250,000+ per month visitors to the site, our audience will be your audience as you gain experience in your field that will open doors to you for your career. Apply to become a Gear Gods intern today!